Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fore!!!

My free day...which is really supposed to be a day of rest, was anything but...








I The thought that playing 18 holes of golf didnt seem like a bad idea...however the golf courses in Japan are built on the side of small mountains...so in fact it was a day of hiking!








The morning started after I realized that I wasnt seeing things and that the golf cart was actually moving down the path on its own (obviously I dont get out much ). They have remote control golf carts!




I need to stop here and let you know that I havent forgotten to add the apostrophes to words...I just have yet to find it on these Japanese keyboards. The letters are all in the same place, however there is alot that is misplaced.

I played golf with my host father, Semba-san who owns the onsen and golf course and I believe 30 more throughout Japan, another Rotarian, Kato-san and his son Takatoshi. We had a blast. I played not so badly and bogeyed 3 holes....You see, in Japan the women are very small and thus they move their tees a whole lot farther up than in North America. So it pays to play golf in Japan!!!


Yesterday I was outfitted as a gift from the Rotary Club with a Callaway golf shirt, gloves and hat. I guess they were thinking if I couldnt play, at least the pictures would look good!!!
After 9 holes, I attended a Rotary meeting and presented in Japanese by myself...extra samari points!!!








I am starting to feel a little like Royalty staying here. I mentioned that I loved the goiza ( dough filled with pork mixture, boiled and fried) and low and behold when I got off of the golf course this afternoon I was told the manager had gone into town and tha they would be prepared for our dinner!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment